Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The new server has arrived at the collocation center

The server has arrived but not unpacked yet.

I'm pre-emptivly backing up my configuration, files and databases to a rented dedicated server so when the time comes for the final backup and sync it won't take too long.

The plan is to:
  1. power up the rented dedicated server which won't be pulled until the 31st.
  2. Migrate my sites and data back to that server. (2-3 hours)
  3. remove the 4 1tb drives, 2 of the 4 gig DDR ECC memory and install them on the new server. 
  4. Load the OS and migrate my site and data to the new server in case the raid set is not identified
  5. Power down my rented dedicated server and the tower server.
  6. Packup the tower server with all the left-over bits and pieces(extra raid controllers, memory dimms, cables,etc) and ship them back to me. 
Once my old server arrives, I will be turning it into the ultimate Warcraft Monster box. Then my wife will divorce me.

No comments:

Post a Comment